Neck pain in our modern, sedentary society is all too common and can arise from many causes so seeing one of our fully trained chiropractors to diagnose and determine the root cause of your neck pain is our recommendation at Live Free. Our chiropractors are uniquely trained to seek out that root cause weather it be from mechanical stress, disc injuries, stress, anxiety or ruling out more sinister causes. Our chiropractors will do a thorough history, exam including orthopaedic testing and report to you the findings with a plan of care when appropriate. Some of the common causes of neck pain include:
for more informationEmail
- Disc Injuries in the neck – can be causes traumatically or from low grade chronic tension in the neck and shoulders
- Chronic Postural Tension/Strain – sitting at computers, desks for hours on end.
- Facet Joint or Mechanical Joint Pain
- Muscular Strain or Torticollis – one of the most common causes is tension in the muscles of the upper back, neck and shoulders creating neck pain and tension.
- Improper Biomechanics in daily life or sport – compensation in the neck for altered mechanics of the head, neck, shoulders and upper back.
- Stress and Anxiety inducing muscular tension
- Headaches and Migraines can also cause neck pain
- TMJ or Jaw pain
- Osteoarthritis or so called ‘wear and tear’ arthritis.
- Sinister Causes – cancer, inflammatory arthritis, vascular or other sinister causes.
Our chiropractors utilise many tools to relieve your neck pain including chiropractic manipulation, mobilisation, soft tissue therapy, acupuncture and needling, taping, nutritional recommendations, exercise prescription and rehab prescription and much more. It is always your choice which therapy you find works best for you speak to your chiropractor and discuss the options above to find the best tools for your neck pain. We find often it is a few therapies given together than provide lasting relief as well as prevention of reoccurrence. Call reception on 0208 780 0898 or email email@example.com to book your full initial history, exam and treatment for your neck pain today.