Chiropractors specialise in muscle and joint problems and are experts in helping back problems and other spinal related conditions. Our Putney chiropractors can quickly tell you if they can help. We investigate the root causes of Pains / Aches / Strain.
All our chiropractors are GCC registered, and covered by all major health insurers.
At Live Free Chiropractic, our approach is to find the root cause of your ailment before treating you and then with working diagnosis a solution that best suits your lifestyle and personal goals. Integrating different techniques allows us to personalize the best care you body needs.
Chiropractors treat problems with joints, bones and muscles, and the effects they have on the nervous system. Working on all the joints of the body, concentrating particularly on the spine, they use their hands to make often gentle, specific adjustments (the chiropractic word for manipulation) to improve the efficiency of the nervous system and release the body’s natural healing ability.
Chiropractic is a primary health-care profession, so you do not need to be referred by your doctor. A chiropractor is trained to diagnose your problem and will refer you to another health-care practitioner if necessary. Chiropractic does not involve the use of any drugs or surgery. The effectiveness of chiropractic treatment is supported by research as well as by various UK government and medical organisations.
In common with medical practitioners and dentists, all chiropractors are registered by law under the Chiropractors Act 1994 and the title ‘Chiropractor’ is protected under this legislation. The profession is statutorily regulated through the General Chiropractic Council (GCC) and it is illegal to practise as a chiropractor without being registered with the GCC.
Giving you clear expectations, goals & plan is part of our professional service.
Our Chiropractors are registered members with
- the General Chiropractic Council (GCC)
- the Royal College of Chiropractors
- the British Chiropractic Association (BCA)
- International Federation of Sports Chiropractic (FICS)
We are trained in a wide variety of techniques, some of which include:
• Joint adjusting techniques for the spine, limbs & joints
• Dry Needling - Medical Acupuncture
• Deep Tissue Massage
• Active release therapy
• Muscle Stretching techniques
• Fascial release
• Bespoke exercise rehabilitation
• Functional Range Release Systems
• McKenzie Method
• Management of Disc problems.
- Once you've booked your appointment you will be emailed your online forms
- We kindly ask you to wear loose clothing / sports wear to help with examination
- After listening to your concerns we will examine the area(s) thoroughly
- Once we’ve diagnosed the problem we will chat about the choices you have
- Explain your treatment options simply, clearly and give you all the information you need
- We’ll also explain the costs fully, and we’re happy to spend time answering any questions you have.
The important thing to us is that you’re involved at every stage and that we get you better, fast.
Both professions are very similar using manipulation, exercise and advice as a package of care to help musculoskeletal problems and their effects on the nervous system – using the best current evidence available.
Both are regulated by acts of Parliament. Neither is better than the other. It is more important to find a good practitioner who understands your problem and whom you trust to sort it out.We hope this has been helpful.
If you have any questions then feel free to email us or book an appointment for a free consultation, no strings attached.
“A health profession concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system, and the effects of these disorders on the function of the nervous system and general health. There is an emphasis on manual treatments including spinal adjustment and other joint and soft-tissue manipulation.”
- WORLD FEDERATION OF CHIROPRACTIC