Hip pain can be from many causes and can be debilitating to the one suffering with it affecting all aspects of one’s life. Our therapists and specifically our chiropractors at Live Free are uniquely trained in assessing, diagnosing and treating hip pain as it relates to the spine, back, lower limb and sports injuries. A full assessment of your hip pain with one of our chiropractors will provide you with a proper diagnosis and root cause of the issue to guide our plan of management.
for more informationEmail
There are many reasons/types of hip pain including:
- Arthritis – wear and tear or inflammatory in origin
- Hip Impingement – from cartilage damage, bony or muscular origin
- Bursitis – inflammation of the bursa on the outside of the hip
- Biomechanical Imbalance – imbalances in muscles, structure and more.
- Shortened Leg Length – a short leg can cause an imbalance in the frame.
- Tightened Hip Flexors – hip flexors or other muscles of the hip can become tight and weak
- Sports Injuries – many sports injuries can show up with hip issues
- Compensation for low back issues
- Referral pain – pain referring from the hip or to the hip
- ITB syndrome – common runners injury causing knee and hip pain.
- Gluteus Medius Injury and more.
The key to determining the root cause of your hip pain is having a full assessment getting the proper diagnosis which our chiropractors are fully trained to do. If imaging or referral is necessary, they can do this easily sending you back to your GP or to an appropriate specialist. The treatment of hip pain once properly diagnosed may or may not include any of the following treatments:
- Manipulation or Adjustment
- Acupuncture or Needling
- Soft Tissue Therapy – Active Release, Functional Range Release, Trigger Point Therapy, Graston or Instrument assisted etc.
- Exercise Prescription – mobility training, stretching, strengthening etc.
- Nutritional recommendations
- Postural Advise and Amendments to your work, home set ups
If you are suffering from hip pain and want to truly discover the root cause, try a natural approach to care then our chiropractors are here for you. Call 0208 780 0898 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today to book your initial exam and treatment.